[MlMt] idea: Search based on applescript ?

Sun Jan 19 16:30:56 EST 2014

On 18 Jan 2014, at 21:55, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Last week I had the thought it would be really nice if I could easily
> see the emails that were related to the meetings that are in my
> calendar the next 24-48 hrs.
>
> I think I can get the list of invitees email from ical/busycal via
> applescript...which made me think it would be really useful being able
> to specify an applescript function as a condition in mail mate.

Well, just any scripting language. I guess what you are asking for is an
alternative “is in” comparison where the argument is a set of values
generated by an external script.

> Could use that for a bunch of other things too :)

Yes, I've considered something like this for providing access to groups
in the Address Book.

> WDYT ?

The tricky part is when to compute a given set and/or how often it
should be recomputed (manually/automatically). I imagine one could
somehow provide a list of sets and the scripts needed to compute them.
This could include some way to trigger MailMate to recompute the set,
e.g., MailMate could be told to watch some file for changes.

Just thinking out loud.