[MlMt] graphics in signature

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Thu Jan 16 10:35:38 EST 2014

On 16 Jan 2014, at 15:25, Pedro Lobo wrote:

> I feel your pain, we have the same policy at work :(
> I'd advise you host the image somewhere (Droplr, Dropbox etc.) and
> then create a Markdown signature with the image in it.
> some thing along these lines should work:
>
>  [![](http://url_to_image.jpeg)](http://university url.com)
>

> Hope this helps.

It *does*, thank you (I'll treat you to it below).

If you have the patience, what does the exclamation mark in square
brackets do? I had mucked around with creating links but had not quite
got it to work properly. That seems to be the missing factor). I realise
this is OT - perhaps reply privately (with my thanks).

As for using Markdwon in my signature - previous reply, thanks - , I had
found that the raw text kept getting through and had not troubleshooted,
so have been using plain text since emailers parse it all anyway.

Perhaps I can persuade other people to do this - it solves the
attachment-when-searching issue but also they are struggling to make it
clickable apparently (hah! the fools! so little do they know of how
these things work in Outlook-land)

--

Dr Jason Davies: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgajpd/Academic/
UCL Teaching and Learning Conference: