[MlMt] Workflow ideas?

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:02:40 EST 2014

Dear MailMate users,

Does anyone have any workflow ideas for the following dilemma?

1. I love mailmate's ability to file my response to an email into the
folder in which the original email resides.
2. I love mailmate's "Send Later" feature. I have a 10 minute delay on
all emails, just to give me a chance to count to 100, when counting to
100 might be advisable.

However, these two work against one another in certain conditions. For
example, an email arrives in my Inbox. W/o "send later" turned on, I
respond to the email and the outgoing email is filed in my Inbox. I then
tag and move the entire thread as necessary, keeping the original email
and my response together. With "send later" turned on, however, the
outgoing email does not get filed for another x minutes (x=10 for me). I
either have to wait 10 minutes to file the emails -- which is a drag,
since I need to keep in mind that the email has been responded to and
needs to be filed---, or I file the incoming email, but then the
outgoing email (which is sent later) is no longer filed into the mailbox
in which the original email now resides. A third option is to move the
incoming email to the appropriate folder first, and then to respond. But
this would require navigating away from the Inbox, which I'd also like
to avoid.

I can't think my way through this one. Does anyone have any idea for how
to use both the Send Later and Auto-file ability at the same time, for
messages arriving in the Inbox which are filed into other folders after
a response has been composed?

Thanks,

Zvi