[MlMt] Keymacro to delete the contents of a mailbox?

Fri Jan 10 16:06:14 EST 2014

On 10 Jan 2014, at 16:24, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I have my Junk mailbox sub-divided by to address, which makes it very
> easy to scan through and delete stuff. I just arrow down through the
> sub virtual mailboxes. However, to make it even faster, it would be
> nice if I could, while the focus is on the mailbox, hit a key which
> deleted all the messages in that mailbox. Currently I have to move to
> the mouse to click on (or select all) the messages, select all, and
> delete.
>
> Is there a way to do that which would let me just arrow through each
> of the virtual mailboxes hitting a delete all in this mailbox key?

I believe the `emptyMailbox:` key binding would work, **but** please be
careful! I haven't tested if it works as expected and note that it
deletes messages permanently -- with no way to undo. You don't want it
to be a key that you can hit accidentally or you could very easily wipe
out your entire Inbox (or account). By default it shows a requester, but
this can be suppressed.