[MlMt] Mailmate Message Volume

Alasdair Muckart alasdair at muckart.net
Fri Jan 10 02:11:37 EST 2014

On 10 Jan 2014, at 19:56, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:
>> 210k in All Mail and 3k in Inbox here. Search is noticeably laggy on
>> my 3013 Macbook Pro, but everything works.
> Uh, if it's laggy on your 3013 MacBook Pro, I can't imagine
> performance in mine :)

It's significantly faster than my 2009 iMac, that's for sure. Searching
itself is pretty good but for some reason deleting characters out of the
search incurs quite a bit of delay. That said, I do have quite a lot of
mail.

I don't know if there's any delay built into the code when search terms
are entered and deleted, but waiting for input in the box to stop for a
a couple of hundred ms might help the perceptual responsiveness.

--
Alasdair Muckart | William de Wyke | http://wherearetheelves.net
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a