[MlMt] When MailMate opens mail from a MailMate user

Thu Feb 13 11:42:19 EST 2014

On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:07, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> Does MailMate default to rendering the text+markdown section, or the
> html section for viewing?

It's defaulting to HTML if HTML is generated.

> [...]
>
> I'm looking at putting together an installable version of my usage of
> MultiMarkdown as the processor. I think it's a prerequisite for the
> other package I need to bundle up, the one that let's you reply to
> HTML email without losing the HTML. That one's a hack, but it's
> mandatory if you live in an Exchange shop.

Just to be clear, I don't officially support the use of other Markdown
processors than the one “built in” :-) My main concern is how well
suited the Markdown text is to be a plain text body part of message. The
built-in processor handles paragraphs differently than most Markdown
processors do by default and there are also several other
[changes](https://github.com/freron/upskirt).

It might be best if the “markdown” part of the content type is not
used when you generate HTML with a custom processor, but you would
probably need some way to tell MailMate to do that.