[MlMt] Can "Displayed Count" for an IMAP account be told to ignore messages in Trash?

TJ Luoma luomat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 20:23:41 EST 2014

This screenshot might help:

http://images.luo.ma/skitch//Fastmail-32-unread-20140210-201822.png

In it, you can see that FastMail is shown to have 32 unread messages,
even though none of the items under it show any. That's because the
unread messages are in "Trash".

(Long story short: I use SaneBox to filter some of my email messages
directly into the Trash using SaneBlackHole, which is an awesome
feature but doesn't -- and apparently can't -- mark them as "read".)

I can tell the "Trash" folder to not show its unread count, but the
account still shows unread messages.

Alternatively: is there a way for me to tell MailMate "always mark all
messages in Trash 'read' if they are marked unread"? That's a bit
hackish, but it would do the trick.

Tj