[MlMt] New user asks: What is best feature?

David Levy entropydave at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 15:43:24 EST 2014

On 6 Feb 2014, at 14:39, 1611mac wrote:

> 1,)  If you used Apple Mail in the past, what is the best feature in
> MailMate that shines above Apple Mail?

MailMate does not have distracting bling.  It has a puritanical approach
to getting work with email done.  So there is a lot of functionality,
but not a lot of business: no pretend folded pages, etc.

When I first moved from Mail, the three things I liked most were:

- oriented around plain text mail, not HTML
- ability to file and move between folders using cmd-t and cmd-opt-t
- fine-grained search

> 2.)  What do you consider the best overall feature of MailMate? As a
> new user of MailMate, what should I be sure not to miss?

Strangely, the single most important feature for me is the way that
certain accounts are associated with certain addressees.  You create a
new mail, add a prior addressee, and the sending account changes
automatically.  For anyone who maintains several identities (e.g.
personal, work#1, work#2, forums) this keeps it straight with zero
thought.

David.