[MlMt] Integrating Mailmate with Launchbar

Fri Aug 8 11:04:15 EDT 2014

On 7 Aug 2014, at 22:33, Luca Allodi wrote:

> I have this half idea to write up an extension for Launchbar 6 to
> integrate typical workflows in Mailmate, such as scrolling through the
> inbox, previewing messages (like it is possible now through Mailmate's
> counters in the menubar), and performing actions such as archiving
> deleting and opening.
>
> I am however not sure whether this is possible. Does Mailmate have
> APIs I can interface with?

Probably nothing as flexible as you would need. The API is basically
what is possible using the extended `mailto` URL scheme. I guess if I
added some way to run commands like those in the command bundles then
you would be able to do a lot of things, but I haven't given that much
thought yet.

> Otherwise, is any such action theoretically possible by interacting
> directly with the local file system (apart from simply reading mails
> in in ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/../Messages/*.eml ) or via AppleScript?

You can read those files (never change/delete/move), but that probably
does not get you very far. AppleScript support is very limited
(basically just standard things and the `mailto` URL scheme).