[MlMt] Please help me with my broken email workflow

Matt Gray rrazor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:20:42 EDT 2014

On 30 Jul 2014, at 12:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 29 Jul 2014, at 14:12, Jonas Kemper wrote:
>
>> I now have smart mailboxes that filter out flagged mails. Would it be
>> possible to let the smart mailbox do that immediately after flagging
>> a message without having to navigate out of it and then back into it?
>> I suspect there might be some design decisions that prevail it?
>
> This is not currently configurable. MailMate does quite an effort to
> *not* remove the messages immediately. This is most often not
> desirable, for example, when marking messages as read in the Unread
> mailbox. You might agree if you could try out such behavior, but maybe
> this should some day be configurable on a per-mailbox basis...

Jonas, this recent ticket I logged might be relevant to you:
http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/859-mark-as-unflagged-does-not-immediately-remove-message-from-smart-mailbox-list

I’m not sure if my issue is exactly what you are describing, but it
looks like the next test release will have a hidden preference you can
toggle. Thanks, Benny!

If any other list members use a similar workflow (flagged messages shown
in a smart mailbox) and would prefer the unflag action to immediately
remove the message from the list view (as if it were moved out of the
smart mailbox), please comment on the ticket I referenced above. Thanks!

--
Matt