[MlMt] Cannot turn off incoming-message sound

Harvey Leff hsleff at csupomona.edu
Tue Apr 29 01:15:30 EDT 2014

On Jan 26, 2012, message #226 on this list, Benny wrote that in
Preferences/Counters, "The four buttons to the left illustrate positions
within the dock icon. It was a quick hack in its time, but it has never
been improved (and it's not a high priority). Make sure you have
disabled checkmarks and sound for all 4 counters." The issue of turning
off sound was raised again on Nov 25, 2013, message #506, and Benny
referred to #226. I'm using v. 1.7.2 (4199) and when I uncheck all boxes
and set sound to "None" and then restart my computer and MailMate, I
still get sounds for incoming (Unread) messages and just after I save a
Draft.

Furthermore, I then no longer cannot tell if I have any new messages by
observing the doc or notifications or menu bar; i.e., I've disabled
visual cues.

Is there a way to turn off sound for incoming messages and drafts, while
preserving the visual Counter indicators?

Harvey Leff
Portland, OR