[MlMt] Leaving search and tags

Mon Apr 14 08:01:51 EDT 2014

On 14 Apr 2014, at 6:18, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> I'm with Benny on this one. If the search is going to take me to All
> Messages when it starts, I definitely want it to go back to where I
> was when I'm done.

I also think I have a note somewhere that says that I could change it
such that MailMate still behaves like the above, but IF the user selects
another mailbox then I should drop going back to the original mailbox
when closing the search. In addition to this ⌥ could be used to tell
MailMate to not go back even if not changing mailbox. I'm not sure
whether or not it would then still be necessary with an option to never

Somewhat related to this is a new experimental setting for changing the
default mailbox to be used for the “global” search:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultSearchMailbox -string
ARCHIVE

The value given to this setting is the value put on the pasteboard when
selecting a mailbox and hitting ⌘C.

(One could use this to make a smart mailbox for messages not older than
a year to get quicker searches most of the time -- and then manually
switch to All Messages when needed.)