[MlMt] Leaving search and tags

Sun Apr 13 06:00:14 EDT 2014

On 13 Apr 2014, at 11:49, Roland wrote:

> I wrote this 3 days ago. Is there nobody who can answer it? Or is the
> question unclear and I should explain it some more?

No, I'm just a bit slow these days. Sorry about that.

> On 10.04.2014 14:06, Roland wrote:
>>
>> when I searched in some folder for something and change to another
>> folder, I still keep the search. Maybe that's useful sometimes, I
>> don't know. But what kills me is when I delete that search by hitting
>> ESC it takes me back to the folder I came from.
>>
>> Question: Why?

This is by design. I usually perform a search and when I'm finished I
want to return to where I started, but you are not the first to raise
this question and I'm aware that it is unexpected behavior for some
users.

>> How can I avoid it?

There is currently no way to do that.

>> Second question, concerning tags: everywhere I go with tags, I have
>> not only the ones I defined, but also a lot of stuff like \Seen,
>> \Forwarded, \Deleted etc. We use Zimbra as mail server if that is an
>> issue. Is there any way to avoid them, in search and everywhere else?
>> I absolutely would love to have a special folder with all my tagged
>> messages in subfolders, but since those special tags are also
>> included, it's a real mess and not usable.

I'm not sure what you mean with “everywhere”, but you are correct
that there are two “missing” features:

* A messages outline column which only displays tags.
* The ability of the Submailboxes feature to handle tags.

The latter is not really a missing tags feature, but a more general
missing feature. There is a virtual Tags header which can be used, but
MailMate cannot yet partition messages based on a header with multiple
values.

So, all of the above are known issues for which I cannot currently offer
you a solution. Sorry.