[MlMt] Non-automatic signature

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Apr 9 15:52:10 EDT 2014

Hi Luca,

> So if I understand you correctly, you want MM to be trained *not* to
> insert a signature most of the time, and from time to time adding it
> yourself manually.

That's one way to accomplish the goal.  I honestly was thinking about
this as simply as most other email applications I've used; from Mutt to
Mail.app.  I want a shortcut to include specific text based upon a
personal selection.  I don't really care about training.  I understand
why that's really useful for others, but, I, personally, would be happy
just being able to click on the Signature drop-down inside this compose
window and select the .sig I wanted to use for this email.  I'm happy
with not everything in life being fully automated.

> Would training MM in adding an *empty* signature solve your problem? A
> second signature with all the "business card" info you want to add to
> your email can then be manually selected, and the underlying mechanism
> (trained on the empty signature) would see this as noise and the
> overall behaviour would stay as you like.

That might work and I'll see if there's some way to do that.  I haven't
explored exactly how the "training" works, but, this might let me
accomplish what I'm after.  Thanks for the idea.

Scott