[MlMt] Smart folders and Contacts groups

Wed Apr 9 04:59:50 EDT 2014

On 8 Apr 2014, at 23:25, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Just started using MailMate and really liking it!

Thanks for trying out MailMate.

> One of the few things I miss is some kind of integration with groups
> in Contacts (OS X Address book). I noticed two other feature request
> for this and wanted to add a +1 from me.

Noted.

> Settings up smart folders for customers and groups of friends would be
> made a lot easier if one can use Contacts groups.

As a workaround, you might appreciate the trick described by Zvi Biener
in [this mailing list post][1]. You could, for example, tag an email
from a friend and then have a rule which tags all future emails from the
same friend with the same tag. You only need 1 tag and 1 rule, but you
can tag any number of friends. Alternatively, you could move messages to
an IMAP mailbox instead of using a tag and then use a rule to move
messages from the same sender.

[1]:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate%40lists.freron.com/msg01977.html