[MlMt] "Move out of Junk" button

Sat Apr 5 05:31:03 EDT 2014

On 4 Apr 2014, at 21:21, Rob McClure wrote:

> I think this button is new, and I like it.

It's not new, but it recently became a bit more useful, because it now
defaults to moving back to the Inbox. Previously it was disabled if
MailMate did not know the original mailbox (e.g., moved by the server).

> Can it mark the message as unread when it doe the move?

There is no option to do that. You could add a rule to the Inbox that
messages added should always be marked unread, but that might be
confusing if using multiple email clients to read email (low-level hack:
it is possible to add a condition that “Old-Source” should contain
“Junk” or whatever the mailbox is named at the server).

Long-term, the plan is to allow other kinds of events including a
message “leaving” a mailbox -- given that, it would be easy to mark
messages unread when leaving Junk. If you feel adventurous then try
this:

1. Add a rule to the Junk mailbox with just an action to “Remove Tag
[Seen]”.
2. Quit MailMate.
3. Edit `~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist`
4. Locate the Junk mailbox rule and add this:

		events = ( "removed" );

In theory it should work, but I've never tested it. It might also be
overwritten if editing the rule in the GUI (I haven't checked).