[MlMt] Handling “[Gmail]/All Mail” gracefully

Daniel Mann daniel.mann at terranhost.com
Thu Oct 31 10:44:22 EDT 2013

On 31 Oct 2013, at 8:38, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> There is a new test version available (r3816). Your problem was likely
> to be that you had not enabled the experimental 2.0 features. MailMate
> did not handle this well combined with the “All Mail” mailbox. I
> have now changed it such that the new Gmail behavior is enabled by
> default.

I had not explicitly enabled the experimental features (which I assume
is not done through the GUI preferences).

> I am particularly interested in knowing if archiving to “[Gmail]/All
> Mail” works as expected (this is now the default for new Gmail
> accounts -- existing accounts are not affected).

OK, on r3816 everything seems to work. Duplicate messages are not shown
in [Gmail]/All Mail. Archiving to All Mail works from INBOX and other
labels/folders (with [Gmail]/All Mail set as the archive folder).

I have noticed that the All Mail folder seems to sync each time I select
it, and the sync takes around 20 seconds each time.

-Daniel