[MlMt] Handling “[Gmail]/All Mail” gracefully

Daniel Mann daniel.mann at terranhost.com
Wed Oct 30 12:18:30 EDT 2013

On 29 Oct 2013, at 4:45, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 26 Oct 2013, at 17:57, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> After MailMate has updated then edit your Gmail account and click
>> “Edit Subscriptions”. Locate “[Gmail]/All Mail” and
>> subscribe.
>>
>> The expected result is a “[Gmail]/All Mail” mailbox which
>> contains all messages *not* in any of the other subscribed mailboxes.
>> In other words, still no duplicate messages in MailMate.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Let me know if you try this feature (whether or not it works for
>> you).
>
> I'm still very interested in feedback on this feature since it would
> be nice to have in a 1.7.1 update. Has anyone tried it? (You can send
> feedback by private email unless it is something of general interest.)

This may be expected behavior, but I just wanted to observe how messages
show up between labels/folders and [Gmail]/All Mail.

Messages without labels in Gmail do show up in MailMate's subscribed
[Gmail]/All Mail folder.

Messages with labels in Gmail also show up here, meaning they appear in
both the folder matching that label, and in the [Gmail]/All Mail folder.

For example, I have a message from a customer with something I need to
do. I moved this message from INBOX to my Action folder. The message is
gone from the INBOX folder, and appears in the Action folder - and also
appears in the [Gmail]/All Mail folder.

Again, this may be expected behavior, and does not present a problem for
me. I just wanted to mention it here in case the feedback is useful.

-Daniel