[MlMt] Strange error message

Mon Oct 7 05:09:40 EDT 2013

On 7 Oct 2013, at 11:03, Alberto Caporro wrote:

> I've been recently getting the following error message:
>
> MailMate encountered the following error: “Server response: “I10
> BAD Error
> in IMAP command APPEND: 8bit data in atom”.”. Mailbox:
> “Liste/Bacula”.
>
> The corresponding mailboxes ends up in the "Failed" state and seems to
> be
> unusable.
>
> Has anyone experienced anything like this?

It's not a known issue. Wild guess: Have you been playing with the
latest test versions and its support for Gmail labels? When manually
editing the Tags file then you might have created an 8-bit IMAP keyword
which could result in the error above. (Or a MailMate bug implicitly did
the same thing.)

You can hold down ⇧ when clicking “Retry” in the requester. That
should generate a log file on the desktop which you can send to me
(privately if you like). I can then see what MailMate tells the server
to do.