[MlMt] Best way to deal with MD messages …

Mon Oct 7 04:13:40 EDT 2013

On 6 Oct 2013, at 22:16, Thomas Wölk wrote:

> what is the best way to deal with MD messages in Mailmate?
>
> Mailmate source text and preview:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y5iuqsozjfkn4si/2013-10-06%20at%2020.41.png

Is this from a recent test version of MailMate? The public version has
image blocking enabled for the Drafts view, but I improved this. (Image
blocking is still enabled if forwarding/attaching a message in case it
is a message with links to external images.)

If it's a recent test version then I'm not sure why the image is not
shown in the preview...

> Gmail preview:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8exlq3nvyyzc8b2/2013-10-06%20at%2020.43.png
> sometimes the link is broken - it shows only the text - without a link
> ref.

MailMate cannot control how the receiving email client displays
externally referenced images. Just like MailMate, many email
applications have image blocking enabled to prevent that the email tells
the sender that the messages has been received/read.

Here is my test of what you are trying to do:

![test][image-1]

![test2](http://www.heise.de/imgs/71/1/0/8/8/9/0/5/nt-tor-d5360df7115f4b63.jpeg)

[image-1]:
http://www.heise.de/imgs/71/1/0/8/8/9/0/5/nt-tor-d5360df7115f4b63.jpeg

> @Benny: What is the best place for the link reference? Inside or
> outside (after the signature) the message?

That is personal preference. Think about it this way: Assume the reader
is reading the plain text part of the message. Then choose what you
think will be most readable/convenient for the recipient. In some cases
it can be useful to keep the links close to where they are used in case
the recipient replies to only parts of the message.