[MlMt] automatically handle attachments

Thomas Koch thomas.koch at acm.org
Fri Nov 29 15:05:40 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have the wish to handle some mail attachments automatically, at least
save them at a certain directory. The the processing of the resulting
file can be performed by Hazel, so no problem here.

But I did not find a combination to set up a rule, a mailbox, an action
or whatever concept would be the right one (I am new to MailMate, but
love it) to get some mails selected based on the usual filter inputs and
get the attachments stored in a directory which is monitored by Hazel. I
was not able to dig up something from the manual, mailing list history
or tracker that gives me a hint.

Or is there a directory that would be save to be monitored by Hazel in
the MailMate directory trees? I imagine then a script taking a copy of
the attachment and perform other actions, but only once per
attachment/file that apply to the filter rules.

Regards
      Thomas