[MlMt] Replies above or below

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Tue Nov 26 18:39:41 EST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 20:06, Rob McBroom wrote:

> I agree that a mixture of top-posted and bottom-posted replies quickly
> becomes confusing.
>

> Is a thread where every reply is consistently top-posted any less
> difficult to follow? :-)

FWIW, my experience is that editing the relevant bits and replying below
confuses the hell out of most people, who wouldrather wade through a
huge number of posts, complete with long signatures so that each message
becomes an entire archive of the discussion. Unfortunately, it seems to
work for most people, thus top-posting displaced bottom-posting [a
phrase which sounds really, really bad in UK English]. The argument has
raged for as long as I've done email, and I've mostlygiven up fighting
it, not least because (getting OT) top-posting is an awful lot easier on
an iPhone/iPad than the scrolling/editing thing.