[MlMt] Replies above or below

Tue Nov 26 16:33:11 EST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 18:50, Jacques wrote:

> By default MailMate positions replies below the body of text. Almost
> all other email clients I've used positions above.
>
> So in a thread of conversation, the replies keep going bottom (me) and
> above (others).
>
> Is there a particular reasoning in this?

You have already received plenty of replies about this.

> Is there a way to change this? (I don't see it mentioned in
> preferences, maybe I'm missing it?)

As others have mentioned, the default can be set in the Signatures
preferences pane, but then I'll recommend you also click the button to
clear the signature cache (same window). The reason is that MailMate
remembers your choice of signature and placement for individual
recipients. If you haven't explicitly selected top signature placement
in the composer window then MailMate has probably “learned” that you
prefer bottom placement. This can be counter-intuitive when changing the
preference. (I'm not claiming that this could not be improved. It's just
how it works now.)