[MlMt] Mailmate to Evernote

Jonathan Clark jonathan at clarksonline.me.uk
Tue Nov 26 16:17:03 EST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 18:07, Edward Thome wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2013, at 11:42, Sébastien Zürcher wrote:
>
>> Hi Michal, Hi all
>>
>> I've just tested the Evernote bundle and it works fine for me (Add
>> and Add with Summary).
>> Here my config:
>> OSX: 10.9 (Maverick)
>> Mailmate: Version 1.7.1 (3864)
>> Evernote: Version 5.4.3 (402230) (from the AppStore)
>>> On 26 Nov 2013, at 17:21, Michal Hruska wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Benny,

>>> unfortunately the Evernote bundle doesn't work for me. I have
>>> updated MailMate to 3864 and Evernote 5.4.3 (402231). When I use
>>> Command -> Evernote -> Add (with summary) nothing happens. However,
>>> OmniFocus bundle works perfecly. Anybody else with similar
>>> experience? My Evernote is installed as stand-alone app, not from
>>> App Store.
>
> Hello Everyone. The Evernote bundle works for me, but I noted two
> things:
>
> 1) Evernote must be running; just having it running in the background
> was insufficient.
> 2) I had an older version of Evernote installed, and the MailMate
> command worked with that. After updating to the most recent version of
> Evernote, I had to quit MailMate and restart MailMate before the
> command would work with the new Evernote.

Here are my observations (running latest versions of Mavericks, Evernote
and Mailmate):

1) Evernote didn't have to be running; it was started up when needed,
and the note created just fine.
2) It created a new notebook ("Inbox") for the note. It needs to do
something, but I'll now dig into the bundle to configure it more to my
taste, though it was good it didn't fail silently because I didn't have
an "Inbox" notebook.
3) The 'Add' command just puts the email subject into the note title
field. This wasn't what I expected to happen, not having used other
bundle commands before. I'd expected the 'Add' to put the whole email
in, but the 'Add with summary' to put the email minus attachments. To
this new user, then, the command names are confusing.
4) But, mostly, of course, thanks for adding this so quickly.

-- Jonathan