[MlMt] Prevent line wrapping in plain text emails

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Tue Nov 19 09:03:08 EST 2013

On 19 Nov 2013, at 5:39, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

>> Benny: Thanks for the reply. So if I understand this correctly, there
>> is no way to stop this from happening when replying to emails from
>> Gmail contacts? No pref I can modify to stop MailMate from wrapping
>> the quoted paragraphs that way when replying?
>
> No, but I am aware of the problem.
>
> A workaround: Hit ⌘A to select all text in the message and then hit
> reply. MailMate is then forced to base the reply on the selected text
> (if you have that setting enabled). This might not always work well
> for quoted text.

Thanks, that did work with a Gmail contact whose emails were getting
hard wrapped. Slightly annoying to do, but better than no solution. I
really hope you find a way in the future to stop that from happening (I
recognize it might mean less than strict adherence to the standards or
specs).

Thanks for the quick response :)

— S