[MlMt] Suggested Keyboard Shortcuts

Will Styler will at savethevowels.org
Thu Nov 14 12:18:24 EST 2013

So, Mailmate is awesome in many ways, but most importantly, it's the first multi-window, GUI-able Mac Mail Client that I've found which is as keyboard-friendly as mutt, and thus, allows me to power through my mail as quickly.

I've got most of my Mutt shortcuts ported over, but a few desires remain.  I've checked the Key Binding Selectors page, but can't figure out ways to do the following:

1) When composing, add (and select for addition) the CC/BCC/Later box.  Ideally, such shortcuts would display the field if hidden, and select them for entry if visible	.

2) I'd love to be able to hide/show the mailboxes sidebar with a single key (e.g. "b"), but this isn't configurable using the OSX keyboard panel.  Would a hook within the app be possible?

3) Similarly, I'd love to be able to show and hide message view with a single key.  Another way to approach this would be to have a mutt layout, where the message view is hidden ("index") until a message is selected and then "enter", at which point the message view shows up.

4) Filter by attribute.  Right now, if I use the filter key, it starts me off filtering by "From" with the entry box selected, which is well and good, but req	uires significant mousing to set criteria.  I'd love the ability to set something like:

	"/" = {
		"f" = ( "FilterBy:", "From" );
		"t" = ( "FilterBy:", "To" );
		"s" = ( "FilterBy:", "Subject" );
		"a" = ( "FilterBy:", "Any Header" );
		"d" = ( "FilterBy:", "Date" );		"g" = ( "FilterBy:", "Tags/Keywords" );
	};

Which would allow me to "/a Martha /s conference" (look for any message where anybody named Martha's been involved, then add another criterion where the message's subject has mentioned a conference).  That would be incredibly powerful and quick.

None of these are crucial, and you've already got my money (I'm really rooting for IndieGogo), but as you're working on 2.x, those would be great to consider.

Thanks!

Will