[MlMt] Inline images

Thu Nov 14 02:24:44 EST 2013

On 14 Nov 2013, at 0:57, Jeffrey Horn wrote:

> Supposing I've blocked inline images, but not checked the option for
> "unless explicitly marked as junk". Does MM indiscriminately block all
> images in the selected boxes?

Yes.

> I suppose I could just check the box and create a custom keyboard
> shortcut for marking "Not Junk". I like the idea of blocking images
> unless I choose otherwise, but clicking "Not Junk" breaks my keyboard
> flow.

It's kind of strange it doesn't have a default shortcut (noted), but
yes, you could make your own shortcut.

Just for the record, “Move to Junk” also marks a message as
“Junk” and moving it out of junk also marks the message as “Not
Junk”. Also, if using SpamSieve, MailMate can automatically set “Not
Junk”.

A bit off topic, but I have also been asked about what MailMate can do
to learn from the messages marked as “Not Junk” for future incoming
messages (without SpamSieve).

Here is a suggestion which I haven't tested:

1. Create a smart mailbox showing all messages with the “Not Junk”
keyword.
2. Create a smart mailbox with all messages which *do not* have the same
sender as one of the “Not Junk” messages:

The condition in smart mailbox 2 looks like this:

	From ▸ Address is not in “Not Junk mailbox” From ▸ Address

Finally, use that mailbox in the Security preferences pane for image
blocking. Feedback is welcome with respect to whether or not this
actually works :-)