[MlMt] Crowd funding campaign launched

Mon Nov 11 09:24:28 EST 2013

Hi MailMate users,

given my (embarrassing) empty emails earlier today then most of you have
probably guessed that I have launched the previously announced crowd
funding campaign at [indiegogo.com](http://igg.me/at/mailmate).

The following is what I tried to send to the contributors to the earlier
crowd funding experiment:

> A few weeks ago I launched a crowd funding experiment and you were
> among the 145 people who sent me a contribution email. First, if I
> haven't already done so then I would like to thank you for the show of
> support!
>
> I already wrote about the results of the experiment. The conclusion
> was that it is worth a shot to launch a campaign on a real crowd
> funding site.
>
> Compared to the crowd funding experiment I've changed a few things.
> The goal is now to fund the time needed to finish version 2.0 of
> MailMate. This requires a minimum of 6 months of 2014 and therefore
> I've set the initial fixed goal to $25,000. A fixed goal means that I
> get nothing if the goal is not reached. Anything beyond $25,000
> increases the period I am guaranteed to work full time on MailMate.
> The exact period depends on the regular daily sales, but an estimate
> based on 2013 is an additional month for every $5,000.
>
> Help me get a flying start by going to indiegogo. Please also help me
> spread the word wherever you think it is appropriate. The short link
> for the crowd funding page is simply https://igg.me/at/mailmate.

That last link was wrong. It should have been:
<http://igg.me/at/mailmate>

Right now the campaign is at $3,197 out of $25,000. That's a bit more
than 1/8th of the goal just a few hours into the campaign. Thanks to
everyone
[contributing](http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mailmate-2-0-the-email-client-for-the-rest-of-us/x/5120737?c=pledges),
[tweeting](https://twitter.com/search?q=mailmate%20OR%20%23mailmate%20OR%20%40mailmateapp&src=typd),
and/or