[MlMt] IMAP error Bad UID Fetch modifier

Wed Nov 6 07:14:59 EST 2013

On 6 Nov 2013, at 12:24, Tobias Ramin wrote:

> I'm having trouble fetching mails, the error message is:
> <snip>
> C: C8 UID FETCH 1:2 (UID FLAGS) (CHANGEDSINCE 0)
> S: C8 BAD Invalid UID Fetch modifier CHANGEDSINCE
> Error: Server response: “C8 BAD Invalid UID Fetch modifier
> CHANGEDSINCE”.
> </snip>
> MailMate then takes the account offline.
> This happens since the beginning of november.
> Our postmaster said that he didn't change a thing.
> Other accounts are working fine.

This is related to the implementation of the so-called CONDSTORE
extension to IMAP. I've reviewed the code and I've found a bug which
could explain what you are seeing. If this is true then your server
advertises the CONDSTORE capability, but for one or more mailboxes it
returns a NOMODSEQ value value which MailMate should pick up to mean
that there is no CONDSTORE support for these mailboxes. MailMate fails
to do this.

I have uploaded a new test version (r3821) for you to try out. Hold down
⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences
pane.