[MlMt] Uh-oh. Imap just bit me...

mail at assai.com.au mail at assai.com.au
Mon Nov 4 03:56:53 EST 2013

What I like about Apple Mail is that allows for both iMap folders and
"on my Mac" folders. What I do is I automatically copy all incoming mail
into "on my Mac" folders, so I have multiple backups:

(a) on the iMap server
(b) on my Mac
(c) in my Mac's backup system (though of course, this lags.)

What I would like to see in MailMate is the option to have "on my Mac"
mail folders. This provides not only ways of safeguarding mail
(important: this can have legal implications these days), but also of
having search access to historic emails which may not be on the current
iMap server.

David