[MlMt] tnef via homebrew

Mon May 27 10:08:09 EDT 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 19:43, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 24 May 2013, at 17:26, Tobias Ramin wrote:
>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Sadly, this does not work for me. MailMate just says "The following
>> have been extracted from the TNEF
>> attachment above." but does not show any files.
>
> Hmm, that indicates that `tnef` was executed successfully, but the
> file(s) appeared to be empty. MailMate must be parsing the output
> incorrectly.
>
>> I then used tnef (1.4.8) on the command-line to show the jpg hidden
>> in winmail.dat. This went ok.
>
> Ok. If possible, could you send me an example email (privately)? Maybe
> it's an easy fix.

Based on an example from Tobias I improved how MailMate parses the
(undocumented) output from `tnef`. The fix is part of this test version
of MailMate: http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r3433.tbz

It may be necessary to use “Message ▸ Reset...” to trigger
reparsing of messages which failed previously.