[MlMt] tnef via homebrew

Fri May 24 10:59:09 EDT 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 16:29, Tobias Ramin wrote:

> I just stumbled across the possibility to show MS-Outlook winmail.dat
> attachments.
> In the release notes is a hint to install tnef via macports. I just
> tried it with homebrew instead. MailMate could not display or extract
> the winmail.dat in that case.
> Is there a path to tnef to configure? Homebrew puts the binary to
> /usr/local/bin/tnef

Yes, but there is no GUI for this setting which means it's a bit tricky
(and it might interfere with future changes). Here you go:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate environmentVariables "(
		{ enabled = :true;  name = 'MM_GPG';          value =
'/usr/local/bin/gpg2';               },
		{ enabled = :true;  name = 'MM_TNEF';         value =
'/usr/local/bin/tnef';               },
	)"

You can paste that in the Terminal.

This is not documented anywhere. The best future solution for `tnef`
would be to simply include it with MailMate.

Feedback is welcome on whether or not the `winmail.dat` handling works
for you.