[MlMt] Really making default email account stick

Thu May 16 08:28:58 EDT 2013

On 16 May 2013, at 12:26, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> I have a common inbox for two email accounts (work and gmail). I
> happened to set the gmail account up first even though I use the work
> account for >95% of my email. Now in some situations where mailmate
> has limited information about my intentions it uses my gmail account.
> An example is when I click on a mailto link in an email sent to my
> work address.
>
> I have actually set
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultAccount -string
> 'imap://username@imap.example.com'
>
> to my work account without any obvious effect.

The string part of the above should exactly match the `serverURL` value
found in the following file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist

You should verify that.

> Would anyone have any ideas for how to ensure that my default send
> account is the one that I prefer?

Let me know if the above does not help you. And I'll make yet another
note that I should make it easier to change the behavior of MailMate for
new messages :-)