[MlMt] Offline directories

Gustavo Daniel Villarreal irongus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:23:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am on my final days of evaluation of MailMate and I really like a lot
of things and I have decided to buy it, but I don't see an option to
store offline mail, eg., local folders. Since Mountain Lion, Mail.app
has been constantly using 30-40% CPU, I've seen this issue on more
machines than just mine, and it doesn't look like it will go away soon.
MailMate so far has not had this problem, but it also doesn't have my
~30GB of archived offline mail directories…

So far I have not seen an option that allows for offline mail as a
destination for imported mail or if there's an option to create local
folders on the Mac (I've read the manual online) so I open Mail when I
need to search beyond what I have on IMAP.

Does MailMate only work with online IMAP stores? I could buy the Server
app for Mac OS X and import my offline messages to its IMAP server, but
it sounds like I might be overdoing it.

Thanks.