[MlMt] Delete Autocompleted E-Mail Address From To Field

Fri Mar 8 13:26:40 UTC 2013

On 28 Feb 2013, at 11:52, Andre Kaltenbacher wrote:

> Another thing that's very annoying are different formatted versions of
> the same e-mail address, like:
>
> "John Doe" <john.doe at gmail.com>
> "John, Doe" <john.doe at gmail.com>
> "john.doe at gmail.com" <john.doe at gmail.com>

In this specific case I could make MailMate identify and remove the last
one since I cannot imagine anyone preferring that. With regard to the
two others MailMate cannot know which one you prefer. One solution might
be to provide an option to always prefer the Address Book entry if one
exists, but it can be tricky to determine that two names are equivalent
(note that some times different names are intentionally used for the
same email address although I would never do that myself).

Note that I'm not saying that there is not room for improvement :-)