[MlMt] Change Standard Search Field of Custom Search

Fri Mar 1 00:39:34 UTC 2013

On 28 Feb 2013, at 23:39, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> At 11:51 +0100 2/28/13, Andre Kaltenbacher wrote:
>
>> On 28 Feb 2013, at 11:47, Mateusz Parzonka wrote:
>>
>>> It is possible, although a bit hidden.
>>> Select menu: Edit > Find > Use as default search
>>
>> I'm so happy now. This was very annoying - not to know about it :)
>
> Same here-- in fact, this solves an irritation I hadn't quite realized
> I had.

The user is also unlikely to find this even though it is in the Find
menu. It's a non-standard item in a standard menu which is easily
over-looked. Not sure what to do about it other than writing about it in
the unwritten FAQ. (The menu item was a stop-gap solution until I had
time to improve the interface for quick searches, but that is still not
going to happen soon.)

Note that one can setup multiple search conditions (such as from, to,
common, …) since any conditions with empty text fields are ignored
when searching. Kind of a hack, but it can be useful if you have more
than one favorite kind of search.