[MlMt] New MailMate User here, and have some questions...

Sat Jun 1 16:07:37 EDT 2013

On 1 Jun 2013, at 3:19, Peter Losher wrote:

> A couple of more issues that I somehow missed in my original request:
>
> - I have it configured in Counters to not play a sound on new messages
> (None); that doesn't seem to work. :S  When I get a bunch of new
> messages in quick succession it gets… annoying with all the pings.

It's a side-effect of a really bad GUI. Some day it'll be replaced, but
I've said that for a couple of years (the new mailbox editor is a step
in this direction). The dots on the left illustrate the positions of the
4 possible dock icon counters. You'll need to click on each one to
locate the one related to the Inbox sound.

> - Does MailMate allow you to show PDF attachments inline?

Only single page PDFs since these are often images and not documents.

> I see the "disable inline PDF's" option in Preferences and I have that
> unchecked but it's not showing the PDF's inline that it would in
> Mail.app. (and the mime type for the PDF is set
> correctly)

There were some technical issues with showing multi-page PDF documents
inline. It's not a high priority item -- also because I prefer using
⌘Y if I just want a quick look on a PDF.