[MlMt] [1.6] Date-based submailboxes

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Fri Jul 5 10:13:24 EDT 2013

    I've been playing around with submailboxes, which are pretty
amazing-- well done, Benny!  As you say, there's a lot of potential
there.
    I did encounter one oddity with date-based submailboxes.  I set my
inbox (which has all my mail from the past year or so) to have
"Date > Month" submailboxes.  What I find is that on occasion, the
last few messages in the folder will have dates from the next month.
So, for example, at the end of "2013-01" there are three messages
received in the wee hours of February 1, 2013.
    At first I thought it was the difference between sending date and
receiving date, but when I turned on the "Date Sent" column, the
times were exactly the same as "Date Received".  Which is suspicious
by itself, really, but for all I know that's an effect of GMail.  (I
instinctively assume that anything weird about my mail in MailMate is
GMail's fault.)
    Then I thought maybe it was a time zone thing, but then I found a
very few instances of the first message in a folder being sent at the
very end of the previous month.  Thus, for example, the first message
in "2012-08" has a send/received date of July 31, 2012.
    I'm happy to submit a bug report, but I thought that first I'd
make sure I wasn't doing something wrong or misunderstanding
something, or (if not) that I knew what exactly to report.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/