[MlMt] Permanently "unjunk" a sender

Mon Jan 28 23:50:12 UTC 2013

On 28 Jan 2013, at 19:28, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2013, at 8:55, Benny Kjar Nielsen wrote:
>
>> SpamSieve has a whitelist where you can manually add addresses.
>> Combined
>> with suitable settings for image blocking and SpamSieve in the
>> Security
>> preferences pane then I believe you can make it behave as you want.
>
> Well this is all nice and dandy but it so happens that I am not using
> SpamSieve. Maybe I should but well I'm doing ok with what I have at
> the moment…

Ah, ok.

> So some built-in mechanism would be appreciated :)

This is what you could do: Create a smart mailbox matching messages from
the senders you trust. Then create a smart mailbox including “All
Messages” except those in the mailbox of trusted senders. The latter
mailbox can then be used for the Image Blocking preference in the
Security preferences pane.

Note that part of this is easier in the latest test release of MailMate
which now has a “None” alternative to “Any/All”. You can now
make a mailbox like this:

	Show messages in
		All of the following mailboxes
			All Messages
			None of the following mailboxes
				Trusted Senders

It's a bit verbose, but it essentially says “All Messages” except
“Trusted Senders”.

And yes, it would be better if MailMate made it easier to whitelist
senders.