[MlMt] Custom widescreen view with thread arcs

Thu Feb 7 15:19:36 UTC 2013

On 7 Feb 2013, at 18:42, Mike Brasch wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2013, at 19:17, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>
>> Where I ran into trouble was trying to edit the original
>> 'threadArcs.plist' to use the horizontal variant.  Everything I did
>> either suppressed the injection of 'messageView.plist', created a
>> really wonky and unstable layout, or outright failed to load.  I
>> think the deep nesting of mailbox view .plists is a little too much
>> for my tiny mind.
>
> I have done this last year with little help from Benny. I hope it is
> acceptable to append this file.

This also shows the weakness of the layout files system. The file does
not include some changes I've made since I helped you. In particular for
security related features (PGP and S/MIME) — the related banners are
never shown. It also shows that I should add some kind of versioning for
these files, so I could at least reject out-of-date layout files.

I've added an edited file, but it is untested and I haven't checked the
details. I have little time right now, but I thought it would be best if
I replied quickly.

> Feature request: the arcs should reflect the read status and the tool
> tips should appear instantaneous. And if possible, there could be a
> flag indicator in the arc (like a red dot).

Not much I can do about the tooltips since it's controlled by OS X
(other than implementing custom tool tips). Not sure how the user should
interpret message-related indicators on the arcs. The nodes correspond
to messages? Or was that a typo?