[MlMt] Limit line width to 80 characters

Fri Feb 1 14:33:51 UTC 2013

On 1 Feb 2013, at 15:13, Mateusz Parzonka wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2013, at 14:50, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> No, and this is a well-intentioned question: Why do you need it?
>>
> To harshly enforce my recipient to read the mail with the same
> formatting (line width) i have written it…

Exactly :-)

> Hmm, after some re-evaluation of this intent and have to consider this
> a bad idea and dropped it. Thank you, for forcing me to think this
> through! :-)

And I didn't even get to describe all the problems with quoting hard
wrapped lines :-) This email looks beautiful in its raw format
(⌥⌘U), that is, if the mailing list software didn't ruin it (I
should look for alternatives).

>> Note that MailMate uses soft line wrapping when the email is
>> generated (the `format=flowed` standard).
>
> I now see the point.

Now I just need to convince a few hundred more million people.

Thanks for trying out MailMate.