[MlMt] Viewing Tags on different computers

Tue Dec 31 08:22:10 EST 2013

On 31 Dec 2013, at 0:58, Rob McClure wrote:

> I'm Using 1&1 for my email ISP (IMAP) and when running MailMate on
> different computers I don't see any of the Tags I entered elsewhere.
> Am I doing something wrong

Make sure you have defined the same tags on both computers in the Tags
preferences pane.

> or is this because 1&1 is not supporting MM tagging?

You can check that in the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0). Open the window,
synchronize the account, and then select one of the connections to the
server to see a detailed log in the lower part of the window. Look for
something like this:

	S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen
$NotJunk $Junk ... \*)]

The important part is the `"\*"` at the end of the line. This is the
server telling the email client that non-standard/listed IMAP keywords
are supported.

> Is there something I can check?

You can enable the “Raw Flags” column in the messages outline to
better track what happens with the IMAP flags/keywords used for the
tags.

There is no workaround for servers which do not support IMAP keywords.
The only major IMAP implementation that I know does not support IMAP
keywords is IMAP for MS Exchange.