[MlMt] Alternate addresses

Mon Dec 30 18:08:44 EST 2013

On 30 Dec 2013, at 23:30, Shawn Morris wrote:

> I have multiple addresses from work, but I only ever want to send mail
> from
> one.  In mutt I handle this in the following way:
> set reverse_name=no (This is actually the default)
> alternates shawn at us.<work>.net smorris at us.<work>.net
> smorris@<work>.net
>
> This lets mutt know that I am those 3 addresses but my mail always
> comes
> from shawn@<work>.net

I think I understand the problem. It sounds a bit like what you really
need is some kind of redirection of messages during message delivery,
but I guess that is not possible.

I cannot think of a way that you can solve this problem in MailMate as
it is now. I guess a setting similar to `reverse_name=no` could solve
it, but that only works when you want this behavior for *all* email
addresses. It would be nice if a solution could handle any combination
of email addresses.

> In other mail clients I've worked around this by setting the reply-to
> for
> the other addresses to the preferred address,

How does that solve the problem? You would still be using the wrong
sender in the first reply -- or do I not understand what you do?

> but I haven't found a way to
> do this in Mailmate.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm afraid there is no way to this yet.