[MlMt] Dipping my toe into MailMate - what will it happen?

Ben Rubinstein benr_ml at cogapp.com
Tue Dec 17 14:49:42 EST 2013

Hi,

I came across MailMate through the crowd-funding exercise, it looks
interesting, I'd like to try it out.  But before I dip my toe into the water,
I want to check that it won't get bitten!

Specifically:
- where does MailMate store messages and its index files?
- when I launch the app, it offers to import accounts that it's found in my
current default mail client (Thunderbird).  Before I do that, can I check what
it will do?

Are there any other tips to avoid grief; or more positively, suggestions for
how to find my way around the app, how to get the best sense for it?

TIA,

Ben