[MlMt] Multiple copies of 'same' item showing in folders

Jonathan Clark jonathan at clarksonline.me.uk
Mon Dec 16 18:32:54 EST 2013

I use Gmail, and star/flog some items as more urgent ones to deal with.
In MM I'm wanting to use the built-in 'Flagged' smart folder, but I
often get multiple copies of apparently the same email shown in it. When
I expand out its sub-folders (which includes [Gmail]/Starred,
[Gmail]/Important and INBOX), I see what's happening: each of these is
showing the message as flagged. These all appear to be the exact same
message (same timestamps etc.) but turning on the UID column I see that
each one has a different UID. (I'm running build 3900, but this has been
the case on earlier builds too.)

To me this isn't expected behaviour, but I don't want to claim it's a
bug, since I don't understand what the different UIDs imply, and how
they got to be applied.  Can anyone help?

I don't remember including both [Gmail]/Starred and [Gmail]/Important
sub-folders under Flagged, but presumably this happens because MM is
being smart and listing any folder that contains any flagged items. But
if so, then I might need a way of ignoring the [Gmail]/Starred if it's
always going to pick up starred items from another folder as well ..?

Yours rather confusedly,

-- Jonathan