[MlMt] Crash when selecting by subject

Mon Dec 16 15:17:49 EST 2013

On 16 Dec 2013, at 20:31, Giulio Eulisse wrote:

> first of all thanks for the great work done with MailMate. It made me
> pay for the license and go away from mutt, enough said. ;-)
> I've a small problem, I've a keybinding for:
>
> 	"Z" = ("selectWithFilter:", "subject.body = '${subject.body}'");
>
> which sometimes (I think when the subject contains UTF-8 crap see *
> for an example) crashes the whole application.

Ok, then I can probably reproduce it. You can also launch MailMate from
the Terminal to see which string makes it crash. That might provide a
hint with regard to what goes wrong as well. (It should be a decoded
string without the UTF-8 wrapper stuff.)

	/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

> Any idea of what might be going wrong?

A wild guess is that a quote mark is involved, but that does not appear
to be the case with your example.

> As a separate question, how do I select something from the "All
> messages" folder, not only in the current one (kinda like the "thread"
> button does)?

I'm guessing this is essentially a request to make a key binding for a
particular search (which is essentially what the Thread button is). This
is on the todo and partly implemented. Some day.