[MlMt] Resend-Help with a script to create an event from an email

Mon Dec 16 11:04:46 EST 2013

On 7 Dec 2013, at 13:55, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2013, at 22:35, Torsten Grust wrote:
>
>> Well, BusyCal as well as Fantastical come with quite sophisticated
>> date parsers
>> that are exposed via the URL scheme and AppleScript, respectively.
>> It could be an
>> option to simply rely on these (for now).
>
> I actually didn't ready the details of the BusyCal URL scheme. This
> could perhaps work well.

A quick update on this. Torsten provided me with basic bundles for
BusyCal and Fantastical (thanks!), and I've been working on a bundle for
Calendar. There is only 1 command in each of the bundles named “Create
Event”. All text of the currently selected message is taken as input,
but the range of selected text is also available to the commands. This
means that the commands base the default date on the selected text, and
if nothing is selected then MailMate tries to find a date itself (using
Apple's text parsers).

Warning: The BusyCal/Fantastical bundles most likely do not work right
now. I've made some changes and I haven't had time to test them yet.
I'll do that later tonight or first thing tomorrow, but I wanted some
users to be able to test the Calendar bundle before that.

There is also experimental support for SmartyPants which can be enabled
as follows:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSmartyPantsEnabled -bool YES

Read the release notes for details on that. This was in no way
implemented because of the repeated mentions of it as a missing feature
on various popular podcasts ;-)

All of the above is available in the latest test release. I'll be online
again later tonight to answer any questions.