[MlMt] Query about "open processes"

Sun Dec 15 10:25:31 EST 2013

On 15 Dec 2013, at 14:21, Annamarie wrote:

> Hostgator which hosts my website (www.sharinghousing.com) brings down
> my site if I have "too many processes running." That would be any over
> 25. Evidently Apple Mail doesn't close processes. And if you have
> multiple addresses on a domain, and multiple devices for reading email
> ..quickly it becomes over 25. So my query is.. does anyone know if
> MailMate will handle closing processes better? Thunderbird does - but
> I don't like it.

I assume this is about the number of connections to the IMAP server. By
default, MailMate uses at most 3 connections for each IMAP account. If
any of these are inactive for some time then they are closed. Low-level
(editing a text file), it is possible to reduce this to 1 connection per
account.

Thanks for trying out MailMate.