[MlMt] Resend-Help with a script to create an event from an email

Sat Dec 7 07:55:12 EST 2013

On 6 Dec 2013, at 22:35, Torsten Grust wrote:

>> Now, I'm not sure exactly how you want this to work, but it's
>> certainly possible to create a command which based on the currently
>> selected message (or selected text in the message) can create an
>> event in BusyCal/iCal/Fantastical (3 more bundles to be created).
>
> How would a command receive the currently *selected* text (as opposed
> to the entire
> message text)?

The latest test versions actually provide selected text instead of the
canonical text when `canonical` is the input type and something is
selected, but I'm probably not going to continue to do that (don't rely
on it). I've also added a `selection` input type and I think I'm going
to keep that and then make this, optionally, fall back to the whole text
if there is no selection (like TextMate).

> In the current commands, a mechanism like
>
> 	environment   = 'MM_FROM=${from} ...'
>
> makes the `From:` address available in the environment.  Would the
> selected text
> be communicated in a similar fashion?

This would be inefficient for large selections.

> Well, BusyCal as well as Fantastical come with quite sophisticated
> date parsers
> that are exposed via the URL scheme and AppleScript, respectively.  It
> could be an
> option to simply rely on these (for now).

I actually didn't ready the details of the BusyCal URL scheme. This
could perhaps work well.