[MlMt] Resend-Help with a script to create an event from an email

Torsten Grust torsten.grust at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 03:01:45 EST 2013

Hi Rob,

On 5 Dec 2013, at 21:51, Rob McClure wrote (with possible deletions):
> Folks,
> I'm very new to MailMate and not a programmer, plus while I thought I
> sent this to the list before, I've seen it come through, so trying
> again.
> I'd like to replicate some of the workflow that I had in Apple Mail.
> One in particular is the ability to create an event directly from an
> email. I understand that auto-identification of dates in email
> messages may not be possible yet in mailmate, but if I select an
> email, has anyone created a script to create an ical event that would
> be opened by the default calendar app (mine is BusyCal)?

I too use BusyCal and would love to create calendar entries from with
MailMate.
However, as fas as I can tell (I do hope somebody proves me wrong),
BusyCal
does not have an AppleScript dictionary, effectively rendering it
non-scriptable.
That's a siginifcant obstacle to a tight integration with MailMate (with
any
other application, for that matter).

Fantastical, the other (genius, I have to say) calendar app that I have
around
here, appears to be scriptable.  Adding an event to Fantistical will
also make
it show up in BusyCal/Calendar (syncing).  I'll probably have a go at
Fantastical/MailMate integration these days.

Cheers,
   --Torsten